User Acceptance Testing of Takaful Migration project for one of Malaysia’s leading Insurance company in their acquisition process
End to End Migration Testing Assurance through standard Test Process
The client had been using ‘Ingenium’ core system for decades and had another new system called ‘Ehsan’ after acquisition. To restructure its core system, the client decided to keep an integrated system which could provide a complete solution and services for its insurance products. So, the project was initiated with a plan to migrate a total of 1,64,000 policies from source systems (both Ingenium and Ehsan) to Takaful A+ (Life/Asia System).
- One of the biggest challenges was to ensure that data (1,64,000 policies including 23 products) was migrated successfully from source systems to Takaful A+ with 100% accuracy.
- Understanding the flow of new system and ensure that it supports all types of transactions (financial and non-financial transactions) on migrated data and produces the desired output.
- To ensure that the system is well integrated with other peripheral systems (total 12 peripheral systems) for smooth business flow.
- Testing of new enhancements (Gaps) during migration.
- Responsible for the overall UAT activities of the project.
- Monitoring the progress of UAT and taking corrective action to meet the UAT schedule.
- Perform on-going risk assessment; escalates problems as necessary.
- Preparing UAT status report on daily basis and weekly basis and presenting to Exco members in steering committee meeting.
- Conducting daily status meeting with users, development team and other peripheral systems to discuss the progress of UAT
- UAT (User Acceptance Testing):
- To perform end-to-end business scenario testing that includes all the interfaces and peripherals on migrated data.
- To perform end-to-end business scenario testing on non-migrated data ensure that system supports new business for current selling products.
- Data Verification by checking data consistency between legacy system and new system.
Benefits for the Customer:
- Help to improve the existing test process at client side.
- To analyze the risks during UAT and put in place the mitigation plan.
- To create test repository for future reference and auditing.