Test Automation of Conventional and Islamic Trade Finance Products for a leading bank in Malaysia.
Requirement Quality Assurance through our specialized BPA methodology
Malaysia’s leading bank was to integrate its client and bank applications for Conventional and Islamic Trade Finance products. Hastraa undertook automation testing for assurance of their applications to help the bank manage their trade finance business.
- Requirement Management: The requirements were not documented and there was no structured requirement gathering and analysis process
- Business Product Level Challenges: Improper bank identification codes as against the standard format
- Scope and Timelines: Unrealistic timelines due to improper requirement gathering resulting in poor scoping
- Environment Challenges:
- Duplicated test efforts by repeating the testes in multiple environments
- Synchronization issues with surround systems- CLS, RENTAS, T24, IMPACS, GL etc.
- Requirement Management: Requirements were finalised through questionnaires and clarification sessions and the scope was outlined
- Other Details: Testing was performed on TI plus covering modules – Conventional and Islamic LC , Collections, BG, Financing etc.,
- Test Design & Execution:
- Hybrid model with functional manual and functional automation tests were adopted
- HP ALM was used to ensure all the requirements are captured and all the tests were documented/executed properly
Benefits for the Customer:
- Effort optimization through utilization of Automation
- Review process made easy by capturing the screen prints through automation
- Reduced the overall timeline by 22% through effective utilization of automation