Test Management of Claims Management System testing for one of Malaysia’s leading Insurance company in their acquisition process
Delivering better quality and cost efficiency through our Test Management Services
As part of the acquisition process, Malaysia’s one of the leading insurance company is to test the consolidation of the IT systems of both the entities. First phase of the integration project involved KClaims application integration. KClaims is the Claims Management System used to process claims. It is being enhanced to support new combined entity license and corporate rebranding. Phase I is to ensure all new Motor claims are processed through K-Claims.
- Lack of alignment to project goals across stakeholders
- Poor communication of objectives and targets across the team
- Unclear responsibilities and lack of ownership
- Limited understanding of the risks being faced by the project
- Very limited requirement documents available.
- Business team is new to the testing process.
- High level of co-ordination required due to involvement of multiple vendors.
- No technical documents (Architecture, High Level Design etc) available.
- The target application quite vast and complicated.
- No software release concept (no iterative development method)
- Lack of standardization and uniformity
- Lack of proper Test environments
- Test Management covering Test Strategy & Planning, review of test cases, gaps analysis, test coverage, and user coordination.
- Defect Management & Analysis
- Monitor and control the project progress
- Preparation of Status Reports(Weekly/Daily) and Executive management reports
- Create project repository structure for all project artifacts.
- Train the Business and relevant teams on the testing methodology and process.
- UAT Support/System Exception Testing
Benefits for the Customer:
- Ensured end to end testing
- To analyze the risks during UAT and put in place the mitigation plan.
- Test Process improvements on the existing process for the organization to use across projects
- Creation of test repository – for future change request, bug fixes, projects
- Trained Business teams in testing process, testing tools for further regression testing