SIT and UAT Testing for Card Management Systems (CMS) Testing – Leading Bank in Malaysia
Assuring Quality and reduced time to market with our structured test methodology services.
Leading Bank in Malaysia with Debit, Credit Cards and Islamic financial services provider migrated its core Card Management System and Switch System OCM to DCMS, Cortex implementations with NCR Authentic & FIS IST Switches connecting to TCS Core Banking System. The engagement includes testing physical Wincor ATM, CDM, HSM and some of the core card management functionalities included.
- Inadequate information on requirements in User Requirement Documents.
- Changes in the scope and Timelines
- Addition of products and many code drops at the time of test execution
- Unavailability of Functional documentation before test design phase.
- Various interfaces are involved in testing.
- Identifying the Scope for each cycle
The approach of testing services were to identify the testing scope for the proposed system and to formulate a specific test strategy, methodology and procedures for driving the overall test management approach. The following activities were conducted to ensure the same:
- Hastraa performed testing on the data migration, SIT and UAT of the application under test.
- All testing pertaining to batch process and reports from the switch, core banking and cards systems were validated against the requirement.
- All payment process and transactions types (MTI) were validated against the requirement.
- All core functionalities of card and core banking processes were validated against the requirement
- Test Management, SIT, UAT Testing Services and Regression Testing.
- HPQC ALM is used as an end-to-end test management tool.
Benefits for the Customer:
- Information gap filled on time to ensure quality of test design & execution.
- Early identification of the defects
- Comprehensive independent testing of the solution before the customer takes over
- Extended arm of the solution vendor to provide and facilitate user support during UAT
- Functional and Terminal Testing Coverage in a Single Drive of Testing
- Creation of test repository – for future change request, bug fixes, projects.
- Trained Business teams in testing process, testing tools.